A recording of an hour’s training session delivered live on YouTube on 4th July 2022.
“Excel on the Mac – it’s a toy” is a comment I’ve heard many times before. But sometimes you have no choice. You’ve bought a Mac, you prefer a Mac or your employer insists that you use a Mac.
Functionality-wise Excel on the Mac is getting close to it’s Windows counterpart and in this training session I’ll show you just how powerful it is when it comes to building Pivot Tables.
With just a few clicks of the mouse and no complicated formulas, Pivot Tables let you quickly and easily build the reports, dashboards and charts that help you to summarize, analyze, interpret and understand your data in different ways.
Pivot Tables have a reputation for being complicated and scary but by attending this training, you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use and create them.
And they’re available in the Mac version of Excel too!
- Use cases: Why and when you should use a Pivot Table
- Your raw data – do’s and don’ts
- Create a simple Pivot Table with a few mouse clicks
- Different ways to summarize your data – total, count and percent
- Produce time-based reports (monthly, quarterly etc)
- Apply formatting to a Pivot Table to make it easy to read and understand
- Display Pivot Table data in alphabetical or numerical order
- Represent the Pivot Table data as a chart/graph
- How to update a Pivot Table when the source data changes