Webinar: Automating Excel: An Introduction to VBA
VBA is the programming language that is built in to Excel (and the other applications in the MS Office Suite). VBA is used to automate tasks that would otherwise have to be performed manually by pressing keys and selecting items with the mouse – and if that sounds like a macro – well it is.
But, there’s a limit to what the macro recorder can do. So where the macro recorder’s functionality ends, VBA takes over. At a more advanced level, VBA enables you to, amongst other things, build your own worksheet functions, create automated workflows and control and interact with other applications.
This webinar gets you started with VBA. It’s aimed at advanced users of Excel, with little or no programming experience, who wish to take their level of automation knowledge beyond the macro recorder.
Why you should attend
VBA is one of the must have skills for Excel Power Users. VBA will save you, your colleagues and your customers hours of time by allowing you to automate any Excel-based task or process. If you’ve never used VBA before and you’d like to learn about the basics of VBA and automation, this webinar is for you.
- Getting familiar with the VBA Editor
- Understanding VBA jargon such as procedures, modules, methods and properties
- How to edit an existing macro
- How to write a simple macro from scratch using VBA
- Creating inline documentation
- Commonly used VBA functionality including IF statements, Looping statements and variables
- Using VBA to control what happens a file is opened or closed
- How to create your own worksheet functions
Who should attend / Level
This webinar gets you started with VBA. It’s aimed at advanced users of Excel, with little or no programming experience, who wish to take their level of automation knowledge beyond the macro recorder. This training is relevant to all industries. It is not industry specific.
The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows. However, much of the functionality is available in Excel 2013 and 2010.